It’s easiest just to give a day by day rundown of the events, some important, but most not… just part of my adventure…
Thursday 12/1 – Chris picked me up at the airport in Orlando and we headed out to Port Canaveral. Driving up to the ship, it was so HUGE! I’d never seen a ship that big before (I don’t think), and I was a bit jittery/nervous about it. After checking in and getting to our cabin, we decided a nap was in order – it had been a super long day for both of us, and it was only 2pm. A little while later, we woke up and decided to explore the ship before it set sail, and at 4:30 we were on our way to the Bahamas!!! We had the late seating for dinner, so that gave us time to get cleaned up a bit, after all, it was a nice dinner. I thought I was in some fancy restaurant- the food was terrific and the wait staff was super nice. After dinner, we went to a Vegas-style show by the Fantasy Dancers, and at midnight we went to an adult comedy show. And finally it was time for bed.
Friday 12/2 – By the time we woke up, we were already docked in Nassau, Bahamas… the sun was shining and it was nice and warm. Chris and I decided to set out on our own and explore the city, instead of booking a shore excursion through the cruiseline. We walked around for a couple of hours, checking out the shops along the waterfront. And then we walked to the beach. It was a small beach, not too crowded, and it made us both want to go swimming. So we had to head back to the ship to get our swimsuits on. After disembarking the ship for a second time, we decided that we would take a taxi to another beach, and if we didn’t like it, we could walk to the one we found. Well, we should have known the taxi was going to be trouble when they made us run to catch it, and then crammed both Chris and I in the front seat with the driver. The driver took off with a jolt and shouted “We on Bahama time now!” We were weaving in and out of traffic, honking the horn, and slamming on the breaks with no warning. And then, we rammed into the back of another taxi! Neither driver immediately got out. A couple of blocks later, at a stop sign, our driver got out to take a peak, but as far as I know, the other driver never checked his damages. By the time the taxi got to his first stop, Chris and I had had enough. Even though we weren’t at the beach we wanted to be at, we decided it was time to get out. Lucky for us, we were at the Atlantis Resort and Casino on Paradise Island. We didn’t go in and look around (though, now we wish we had), and eventually we found a beautiful beach. It was a bit too crowded for me, so we headed back to the main island, this time in a much more reliable, and friendly taxi. And the beach, when we finally got there, was so nice and relaxing. That evening was the Formal Dinner on the ship. So Chris and I dressed our best and, again, had a wonderful dinner. We even had formal portraits done. They turned out amazing (but super expensive, so we only bought one pose). Later on in the evening, we attended the nightly show and then decided to check out the clubs. I think I may have done a little too much clubbing, but it was my vacation, so I lived it up. I even played poker and won $3 (hey, that’s better than losing, right?)!
Saturday 12/3 – That morning, I woke up early and headed to the spa for my pedicure – wanting to be shot for scheduling anything at 8am, I must have been crazy. We had departed Nassau just as I was waking up, so walking back to the room, all I could see was water all around. I don’t really have much to say about the rest of the day because I was sick, in bed, for most of it. I tried to attend meals with Chris, just so he wouldn’t have to eat alone, but even doing that was more than I could handle, so back to bed I went. I know he was disappointed that I wasn’t getting out and doing things with him, but that gave him some quality casino time without me feeling jealous that he was ditching me for Craps.
Sunday 12/4 – We woke up right as the ship was docking in Port Canaveral. Our cruise was over. It was nice while it lasted, but now it was on to more fun… DISNEY WORLD!!! When we got to the hotel, our room wasn’t ready, so they held our bags for us so we could go on to the parks. That day, we decided to visit Epcot, thinking it wouldn’t take as long to explore as the other parks. Boy were we wrong – we were there till 7pm!!! Riding the rides and visiting the countries. My favorite rides were Mission Space (where they simulate a shuttle launch) and Soarin’ (where you’re in a glider soaring over the California countryside – and as you soar over certain things, you can smell them: orange groves smelled like oranges, forests smelled like pine, the ocean smelled like the ocean). And Chris got to drink an English beer in a Pub in the UK – he was excited.
Monday 12/5 – Magic Kingdom (*choir sings angelically*)!!! It was crowded… lots of kids. But still lots of fun. Again we rode the rides and saw the sights. Stitch’s Great Escape was another ride that incorporated scents into your adventure. Several rides malfunctioned while we were either waiting in line to get on them, or while we were actually on them… kinda poopy. We didn’t get to do Space Mountain because of that. But, overall, it was a good day. Any day that this princess gets to see a beautiful castle is a good day.
Tuesday 12/6 – It was a little overcast that day, so the crowds weren’t nearly as bad at MGM Studios. There aren’t many rides there. But, the two main ones, Chris and I rode them twice – The Tower of Terror and Aerospace’s Rockin’ RollerCoaster. We also got to see a stunt show – like how movies create chase scenes and do car stunts. It was pretty interesting – I’ll never watch an action movie the same way again. That night, we went to Downtown Disney and strolled through the shops. Then we hopped over to Giordano’s Pizzeria. Chris and I looooove that place. We first discovered it in Chicago, and recently found out there were two locations outside of the Chi-town area, both of which were near Disney World.
Wednesday 12/7 through Sunday 12/11 – It was time for our vacation to end. So we packed up and headed home – well, to Chris’s home, where I chilled for a few more days, basking in the glow of a wonderful vacation. And Chris took me to a Brazilian Steakhouse. Where dudes with meat on sticks come right to your table and cut you off a slab of whatever they’ve got. I normally don’t eat beef, but this night, it was soooo good, so I over indulged. Needless to say, my tummy was none to happy about it. For the rest of the evening, I was complaining (and Chris politely put up with it) that I had the Beef Death. Yep, that’s right, it’s a term I deemed appropriate for eating too much beef and feeling like you’re gonna explode – Beef Death. Luckily, I survived the Beef Death and was able to make it back to DC unscathed.
And that, my friends, was my vacation. Pictures will be posted/sent later, and some of you will get to see them in person (from either Chris or myself) – just ask.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment